Saturday, August 3, 2013

Bamboo Pentagram of Circles Trivet

Trivets, coasters, candleholders, and other pieces are good ideas for laser cut gifts, except for the fact that most people already have been receiving those sorts of things for the holidays for years, and have more than they know what to do with.

Except...students! In general, I've found that single people who are students or who were recently students don't usually have a lot of this stuff.

In fact, I fit that description. I don't have any trivets. I have candle holders admittedly. But no trivets. So I made this out of a bamboo cutting board. You can find bamboo cutting boards for cheap at stores like Home Goods.

I found a png on Wikimedia (an amazing resource for png and svg files like this) and spent a few hours in Corel Draw making the vector cut file.

I need to get a license for Corel Draw but once I do that, I will clean up all my files and export them as pdfs to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment