Monday, May 4, 2009

FIRST Robotics Team 1836, Pt. 2

It isn't easy to describe the FIRST National Championships in Atlanta, Georgia on account of that event's scope and size, so I'm going to start with a few things in list form.

-Four divisions with 87 teams each (total 348 teams)
-The Georgia Dome is humongous
-Both flights and the our hotel were full of FIRST teams

We did exceptionally well, ranking 23rd of 86 teams in our division. You can see our videos, as usual, at thebluealliance.net (scroll down to "Galileo Division"). It was a complete turnaround from the Los Angeles Regionals, and we even installed a shooter and scored a few balls.

And now I will bombard you with photos:









The man in the center around which we are crowding is Dean Kamen, who among a great many other things invented the Segway. His company, Deka, recently developed a highly complex prosthetic arm.

I'm still at a loss of how to sum this up, so I'm just going to leave you with this: FIRST is a great experience, and to anybody interested in robotics who isn't already involved with FIRST, I encourage you to become involved, whether as a mentor or as a student. There isn't anything quite like it.

1 comment:


  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I am hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.
    ORTUS TFT LCD

    ReplyDelete